The Dean's Postdoctoral Fellowship - Application Process
The Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship sponsored by:
The Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership and
The Office for Postdoctoral Fellows
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants will be selected by the program or laboratory, and a committee with representatives from various departments.
To facilitate completing your application, please prepare the following information:
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vitae
- Your preference(s) for department, faculty, and/or laboratory
- Date that you anticipate starting a postdoctoral position
- Responses (500 -750 words) to the each of following items:
- Describe your research interests and how they might be addressed through this fellowship.
- Describe your career goals and how this fellowship will be valuable to your professional development as a researcher.
Address the specific factors leading to your decision to apply.
- Describe your career goals and how those goals might contribute to enhancement of diversity and inclusion in science.
- Identify which single publication best represents your work (if applicable).
- Describe any academic or career challenges you may have experienced.
- Name and e-mail contact information for three individuals who will be asked to complete an online recommendation form (one of these referees must be your thesis advisor.)
- Click here for the list of questions your referee will be asked to address in their online application form.
Successful candidates will be selected on the basis of academic achievement, scholarly promise, commitment to research, potential to add to the diversity of the Harvard Medical School community, and the likelihood that the individual may become an independent scientist and societal leader upon the completion of the fellowship.
Interested candidates may apply by completing the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.