Leadership and Faculty Development Conference
May 8, 9, 10, 2019
Success in academic medicine requires today’s clinicians and researchers to be fully prepared as leaders and as scientists. The Leadership and Faculty Development Conference provides Harvard Medical School (HMS) junior faculty, clinical fellows, and research fellows with information and skills needed for professional and career advancement in academic medicine, and specifically advancement within the Harvard Medical School community.
- To provide junior minority health care professionals with career development training that addresses skills required for career advancement;
- To expose minority health professionals, students, residents, staff and individuals from community agencies and organizations to health care issues impacting minority populations and to increase their knowledge and awareness of these issues;
- To improve management capacity of healthcare organizations serving minority populations by engaging health care professionals in leadership and health policy training;
- To provide on-going training to current and alumni minority health policy fellows, and
- To improve the capacity of state, county and local health organizations to address minority health issues by preparing minority health leaders who can impact the infrastructure.