BOSTON PRIDE PARADE
Saturday, June 8 at 11:00am
GENERAL PRIDE INFO:
LGBTQ CONFERENCE AT HARVARD
SATURDAY, MARCH 9, 2019
10:00am - 6:00pm
Location: Austin Hall, Harvard Law School,
1515 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
All are welcome and encouraged to attend!
For a few years now, LGBTQ graduate students from across the entire Harvard University campus have put together an incredible one-day conference. This year two medical students participate as leaders on the event team: Casey Orozco-Poore and Amina Rahimi. With their leadership and vision -- there are three healthcare panels for the first time!
General Admission $30, Early Bird General Admission $25, Students $20.
Healing Within: LGBTQ Healthcare & Wellness
Moderater: Jessica Halem, LGBTQ Outreach and Engagement Director, Harvard Medical School
• Yolo Akili Robinson, Executive Director and Founder, BEAM (The Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective)
• Valerie E. Stone, M.D., MPH, Chair, Department of Medicine, Mount Auburn Hospital; Charles S. Davidson Professor, Harvard Medical School
• Lakesha Williams, M.D., Resident Physician, Tufts Family Medicine Residency at Cambridge Health Alliance
Transgender & Non-Binary Healthcare
Moderator: Casey Orozco-Poore, M.D. Student, Harvard Medical School
• Robbie Goldstein, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director, Transgender Health Program; Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Assistant in Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
• Noah E. Lewis, Esq., Executive Director, Transcend Legal
• Jenny Siegel, M.D., Medical Director, Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery
Intersex Identity and Medical Justice
Moderator: Emily Quinn, Artist, Activist
• Arlene B. Baratz, M.D., Radiologist, Temple University School of Medicine Pittsburgh site; Coordinator of Medical and Research Affairs: AIS-DSD Support Group; Chair, Medical and Research Policy Committee: interACT- Advocates for Intersex Youth
• Faith Cheltenham, Vice President, BiNet USA
• Alesdair H. Ittelson, Director of Law & Policy, interACT: Advocates for Intersex Youth
• Sean Saifa Wall, Co-Founder, Intersex Justice Project
Hanging in the Balance: Portraits from the BAGLY Prom
Work by Zoe Perry-Wood
Zoe Perry-Wood’s photographs are the result of a ten-year project photographing the Boston Alliance of Gay & Lesbian Youth (BAGLY) Prom. These powerful images capture the balance between youth, vulnerability and defensive self-protection.
Please join us for a discussion with the artist:
Wednesday, Feb 6, 2019
Goldenson Building (200 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA), Room 122
Harvard Medical School
Gordon Hall (25 Shattuck St, Boston, MA)
Harvard Medical School
This event is sponsored by the Countway Library of Medicine and the HMS Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership.
For more information, please email: Tania_Rodriguez@hms.harvard.edu.
All members of the Harvard community – as well as affiliated hospitals – are welcome to attend.
NO RSVP required.