The LGBT Office was established in 2014 to enhance diversity inclusion while fostering an open, affirming, and welcoming community for LGBT students, staff, faculty, trainees, and fellows at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HMS/HSDM). Our goal is to identify key areas of importance, programmatic interventions, and resources that support LGBT issues. We collaborate with relevant offices and programs within HMS/HSDM, Harvard University, and the broader community to build an inclusive environment. The LGBT Advisory Committee advises the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine on key priorities that address issues of importance to the HMS/HSDM LGBT community.
- Download the guide on Terminology Related to Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and More from Harvard Medical School.
- LGBTQ Health Guide from The Countway Library of Medicine.
- Online courses in LGBTQ Health Issues from Harvard Medical School.
- Elective Course on Care for Patients with Diverse Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities at Harvard Medical School.
- Map of 52 all-gender inclusive restrooms on the Harvard Longwood Campus.
BOSTON PRIDE PARADE
Saturday, June 8, 2019 | 11:00 am
BOSTON PARADE/MARCHING DETAILS:
Boston Pride Parade
Saturday, June 8 at 11:00 – 11:30 AM* (*Harvard’s exact time announced 6/5/19)
Boylston St* between Dartmouth St & Hereford St., Boston, MA (*Harvard’s exact location announced 6/5/19)
ROUTE: 2.27 miles long with slight incline on Beacon Street
ACCESSIBILITY: Do you need any accommodations to make participating in the Parade a reality? Boston Pride is offering an accessibility trolley and we can help sign you up for a spot!
GENERAL PRIDE INFO: http://www.bostonpride.org
In the News
2019 LGBT and Allies Reception photos by Steve Lipofsky